We believe in the importance of doing business differently – and the evidence increasingly confirms that companies that demonstrate a strong commitment to social, governance and environmental practices are outperforming their competition on key financial measures such as financial performance, market valuation and shareholder value creation. Corporate leaders have the opportunity to take the lead by meeting these expectations and bringing sustainable business models to market rooted in a compelling Corporate Purpose and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles.
When you need to know about Corporate Purpose & ESG, McMillan Vantage advises you on:
- What’s what: ESG is a whole new area of risk that Boards and Senior C-Suite executives need to manage. Faced with growing expectations, companies must have a clear Corporate Purpose and show leadership on ESG – or risk being punished. But it is not just about managing risk; it is about seizing an opportunity to lead.
- What matters: McMillan Vantage helps you understand the risks of environmental, social and governance inaction and how to turn these risks into an opportunity for differentiation.
- What’s next: McMillan Vantage designs programs that enhance image, improve performance and increase engagement. This work is grounded in 5Cs:
- Corporate Purpose: Develop a Purpose Statement that answers the question of “why” a company exists. It provides the strategic platform to guide ESG decisions and behaviours.
- Communications: Develop a communications strategy and action plan for telling your Corporate Purpose Statement and ESG story to key internal and external audiences.
- Culture: Develop a strategy to activate your Corporate Purpose Statement and ESG strategies with employees so they can be ESG ambassadors.
- Community: Develop a community engagement strategy to identify partnerships with key external stakeholders and subject matter experts to help optimize your Corporate Purpose Statement and ESG plans.
- Compliance: Provide a full suite of monitoring, reporting, disclosure and regulatory services to help you develop your ESG Framework, plus evaluate and measure your ESG programs, in collaboration with McMillan LLP. See a full list of integrated McMillan LLP ESG services here.
For Corporate Purpose & ESG support, contact Andrea Donlan.